Dan Heller's Photography Business Blog Industry analysis from www.danheller.com

The photography world -- the business, the culture, the art, the politics, the technology.

Site Feed

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]

My Photo
Name:
Location: Santa Cruz, California, United States
My Books on the
Photography Business

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Waxing Ahilosophically about Art

Well... everyone comes to a turning point. For me, it's happening this June. After many, many years of engaging with photography as a craft, having written four books on the business of photography, blogging for fifteen years about the economic, social and legal issues in the industry, and consulting with many fine companies on prospective new ventures, investments and technologies, I finally decided to get a Master's Degree in Fine Art. In this case, it's the "Digital Art and New Media" program at UC Santa Cruz. (The same place where I got my undergraduate degree in computer science in 1985.) I get my degree this June.

This YouTube video is an interview I had at KZSC, where I talk about my MFA thesis project. We cover a lot more ground than I thought we would, so you will see/hear me wax philosophically about Art, theory, and entrepreneurship, especially how they are intertwined. (This, in addition to the work itself.)

I had no idea it was going to be video-taped (only audio), so I didn't prepare accordingly. Naturally, you'll be curious about what my t-shirt says, since only the top part is visible. The full phrase is, "There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers, and those who don't."  The irony is that both types of people shrug their shoulders at the joke--one side doesn't get it, and the other side has seen it too much.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim Cray said...

This is absolutely nice blog and great video . I really like you post .

Stock photography

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

<< Home